Translate/Traducir/Traduire

Saturday, 27 October 2012

Hazy days

Wow, that week flew by!!

Between working, socialising and sleeping I've not had much time for blogging....
Saturday evening...

Last weekend I managed to beat my record for late nights, getting home at 10.30 am. And before you start sniggering, I remained definitively out and part of a group for all of that time. It was a beautiful morning, so we sat out in the sun chatting. :)

At this point I'd been up and about for 24 hours, and having spent Saturday afternoon walking around Los Bosques in the sun with Leandro and his American couchsurfer followed by a night of dancing, I was well and truly knackered so I headed to bed for a nap after saying good morning to Andres, who was just getting up. Didn't want to sleep all day in fear of wrecking my sleeping patterns so got up after a few hours... The beautiful morning had well and truly disappeared and been replaced by a storm of epic proportions. Luckily I woke up just in time to run out and get my freshly washed bed sheets just in time!

The storm pretty much carried through until mid Tuesday. Monday passed in a sleepy haze... I was so thankful when work called to tell me my evening class had been cancelled! That would not have been a very productive lesson.

Tuesday afternoon, I woke up a bit more. I managed to get a video of my footballer student for a friend to put in a video he was making for his (ex-girl)friend's birthday and my final off-site class was cancelled which left me time to trundle over a couple of blocks to visit him in his office. Woo! Spent a couple of hours chatting, during which time I was invited to dinner at another friend's house 5 blocks away from the office! Everything fell perfectly into place and I ended up eating homemade Sushi by Mexicans, chatting to Columbians........ in Argentina.

Nationality mix and match: Argentinian, Brazilian, English, Mexican

Not trying to blow my own trumpet... But I think I've got pretty good at Spanish. To the extent that last night I told a couple of guys I'd just met to guess where I was from when the question came up and they threw "Mexico" and "Venezuela" my way (!!!), though I think that's pretty rare! Judging by other peoples' reactions I have reached a reasonable standard. Win!
I also feel like I've got some proper friends, and I'm going to really miss them when I leave. More reasons to come back, and to go see the rest of south america.

In work news, I've been offered the opportunity to do some interpreting for a day which I'm really excited about. I've got a skype interview this week. I've never done it before but hey, first time for everything right! I really hope it works out, even though I'll be really nervous.


WEATHER: I'll take a moment to be British and mention the weather.... It's wonderful! I hear it snowed a bit over yonder yesterday…. We've just hit summer. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to leave something here for me, I'll soon pass by and collect it.
Comments or questions welcome :)