...I've lost my voice.
Bound to happen sometime. Unfortunately everything I do requires a lot of speaking! Both my jobs and the ridiculous level of socialising that I seem to end up doing. The last few days have been tricky. Fortunately 2 of my classes cancelled last minute yesterday so I only had 2 instead of the 4 I was supposed to do! Even so, not easy.
In other news, Sunday saw my second set of goodbyes since I've been here. This time, the Italians. Sad that they've gone but Europe's not so big... There's a reasonable likelyhood that we'll see each other again, even if it's just an excuse to travel! The day itself was lovely. Spent a few hours in the park drinking mate, eating biscuits and chatting with the occasional break to try juggle something. By 7 it had started to get dark, but nobody felt like going home yet so we headed back to their flat to carry on chatting. Irene headed out for dinner with Andrea to say last goodbyes whilst Andres and I plus one of his mate's who had tagged along for the picnic stuck about to use up the last of the food in the house. Turned out that it combined very well to make the perfect amount for 4 people! Delish.
Unfortunately by the time we got home it was getting late, and I still had some admin to do before bed. Aaaaand to add insult to injury, I couldn't get to sleep. Monday was hard.
I think I'm gradually getting more into football. Here it's impossible not to hear about it. Especially when it's the Argentine winning selection in what seems to be the South American cup. Watched Argentina thoroughly crush Uruguay with Andres and his friends on Friday - cue exuberant celebrations at every goal and tragic expressions if anyone tries to touch Messi, Argentine football's wonderboy.
Again last night, I found myself in the company of a Columbian, a Chilean and a Chilean-Argentine couple watching Chile vs Argentina. You can only imagine how that went down... A thoroughly good time had by all. Despite my inability to speak audibley. There was me thinking that going for dinner at a friend's he was going to look after me. Shucks. And what was his reponse?
"Laughter is the best medicine!" - I suppose I can't fault him there!
I've also finally had news from Sheffield on what we have to do for our assessment, about 700 words in Spanish on basically anything we want. So long as it's academic and with relevant research. I'm actually looking forward to getting stuck back into something academic. I just need to pick the right topic to make it interesting. Today I bought myself a notebook to get started with ideas and relevant experience. Time to get stuck in!
In other news, Sunday saw my second set of goodbyes since I've been here. This time, the Italians. Sad that they've gone but Europe's not so big... There's a reasonable likelyhood that we'll see each other again, even if it's just an excuse to travel! The day itself was lovely. Spent a few hours in the park drinking mate, eating biscuits and chatting with the occasional break to try juggle something. By 7 it had started to get dark, but nobody felt like going home yet so we headed back to their flat to carry on chatting. Irene headed out for dinner with Andrea to say last goodbyes whilst Andres and I plus one of his mate's who had tagged along for the picnic stuck about to use up the last of the food in the house. Turned out that it combined very well to make the perfect amount for 4 people! Delish.
Unfortunately by the time we got home it was getting late, and I still had some admin to do before bed. Aaaaand to add insult to injury, I couldn't get to sleep. Monday was hard.
I think I'm gradually getting more into football. Here it's impossible not to hear about it. Especially when it's the Argentine winning selection in what seems to be the South American cup. Watched Argentina thoroughly crush Uruguay with Andres and his friends on Friday - cue exuberant celebrations at every goal and tragic expressions if anyone tries to touch Messi, Argentine football's wonderboy.
Again last night, I found myself in the company of a Columbian, a Chilean and a Chilean-Argentine couple watching Chile vs Argentina. You can only imagine how that went down... A thoroughly good time had by all. Despite my inability to speak audibley. There was me thinking that going for dinner at a friend's he was going to look after me. Shucks. And what was his reponse?
"Laughter is the best medicine!" - I suppose I can't fault him there!
I've also finally had news from Sheffield on what we have to do for our assessment, about 700 words in Spanish on basically anything we want. So long as it's academic and with relevant research. I'm actually looking forward to getting stuck back into something academic. I just need to pick the right topic to make it interesting. Today I bought myself a notebook to get started with ideas and relevant experience. Time to get stuck in!
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you want to leave something here for me, I'll soon pass by and collect it.
Comments or questions welcome :)