Translate/Traducir/Traduire

Thursday, 4 October 2012

All plain sailing from here then...

Today I got over my fear of going to the hairdresser. I was more worried about this simple task than any other aspect of the year abroad. That's right, I'm perfectly happy to arrive alone in an unknown city with no clue as to what I might be doing, but a haircut? Hell no!!

This might sound strange for those of you who know me.... No hairdresser-phobia of which to speak before. But I challenge you to describe your perfect haircut in another language!

But I figured, it's my birthday on Monday, and I get by pretty well in Spanish so it was time to give it a go. I felt confident enough in my Spanish to come out reasonable so long as the place was half-decent to begin with.
I had a recommendation for a place from Scott but I didn't have the address. Just a vague notion of where it was and a half memory of passing a hairdressers that looked pretty cool on my first day in BA (on my way back to Martin's house after buying a phone).

Miraculously, I found the place, after wandering around Belgrano for a while. It was pretty obvious when I'd arrived; they were playing *good* dance music and all of the staff and some kind of quirk to their haircut. More of a club than a salon! :


A few shades lighter and a few inches shorter, I think I can safely say I nailed that one. Though it took a lot of willpower to resist throwing in some blue/green/pink/red/whatever other colour I could think of. Don't know how well that would go down at work....


£26, cut and dye. :) Win.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to leave something here for me, I'll soon pass by and collect it.
Comments or questions welcome :)