Translate/Traducir/Traduire

Thursday, 30 August 2012

Home at last

So, yesterday I moved in and unpacked immediately! It definitely feels good to finally be settled after 3 months of having no permanent residence. Ok so I'm only here for 4 months, but it's longer term than anything over summer was!

Here's a quick pic of my room:


Despite my initial reservations, having only chatted to my new house-mate for about 10 minutes when I came to visit, it looks like living together is gonna be a lot of fun! We've cooked both nights together and seems we have a lot of interests in common. He's lent me his juggling balls to practice with since mine are really light and trickier to handle. WOOOOO! Fun house times!! Spent this evening watching Inside Job and comparing music. ^_^

I think I'm going to have to abandon my preferences for vegetarianism.... Not just in this house but in the whole of Argentina. Food includes meat. Siempre. Oh well. Guess I'd better make the most of it and eat some steak!

Today was a conviven day. I was really hoping Valmir (the director) would be there as I've got a fair amount to discuss with him. I've undertaken to sort out the mess that is the conviven email account which has sort of given me the role of volunteer coordinator since nearly all enquiries come in by email these days! From what I've heard, it seems the best policy here is to pretend I run the place, sort everything out, and tell Valmir later. So that's what I've been doing! So far so good....
I don't really mind too much, the organisation of a association like this is something I'm quite interested in and I think getting involved in the admin side of things on top of teaching the classes would be pretty rewarding too.

It's starting to feel like I might be acquiring some kind of normality. How strange. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to leave something here for me, I'll soon pass by and collect it.
Comments or questions welcome :)