Translate/Traducir/Traduire

Friday, 9 November 2012

Work, sweat and planning.

Being British yet again, I think I'm just programmed to mention the weather. 
It's been 35°C all this week and ridiculously humid. The kind of humid that means you get off the bus with damp patches on the back of your legs and sit half naked in the lounge feeling the sweat running down your neck. 
Fortunately today there was a storm and now it's rather brisk feeling. 
That said, once everybody's sweating buckets I stop caring. It's only when you're the only one that it's a problem!

Today's been a very adminny, productive week. A few of my English students finished their course packages and aren't renewing for the moment and the couple I had left cancelled or postponed their classes so I had a week's break from those classes. We've also implemented a new system at conviven which means that one volunteer is in charge of each week, so I only taught one class. This left us free to organise resources and discuss the plan for the centre. Currently organising a staff meeting to go over this with the rest of the volunteers and bring everyone up to scratch. 

Feeling very official. And quite grown up... Even if I have been in my pyjamas all day... 

I'm beginning to feel a bit more optimistic that we might be able to make a difference in Conviven now that we're getting things down on paper and getting organised. I don't want to leave feeling I've let them down. 

I'm also trying to sort out interview questions for my uni project as I've realised that I really don't have that long left to get everything sorted!!! :((( Very sad times. Less than 2 months from now I'll be working in France. Madness. 

Francisco is leaving for Columbia this weekend which will be really sad. I've very much enjoyed having him living with us, like I had latino versions of Glenn and Sam!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to leave something here for me, I'll soon pass by and collect it.
Comments or questions welcome :)