Translate/Traducir/Traduire

Friday, 16 November 2012

GAY.

Tiredtiredtired.

Last weekend I went to BA gay pride with Scott which was awesome. There was a nice little fair type event with stalls and live music in the centre where I managed to get some rainbow facepaint :D
In the evening the real show started with the parade which was epic, it lasted over an hour with loads of floats, drums, music and costumes. And of course all the nudity that's to be expected from such an event.



I forgot my camera but stole Scott's so he has a good bunch of pics :)
I would have liked to follow it to the end party but Scott wanted to go home, not wanting to go alone, I followed suit.

I arrived home to a fairly full house and the offer of pizza and empanadas, win! After a rather heated debate between Andres and Francisco's rather conservative, capitalist friend about the cultivation of soya we all headed out together to La noche de los museos one night every year where all of the city's museums open their doors for free - Ended up listening to jazz tango in the park.
Had a really nice chat with Mati, a good friend of andres' who I hadn't seen for a month. He told me my Spanish had improved since we last spoke so I was happy about that :)

Sunday was Francisco's last day... :( so we hung about while he packed and went out for hotdogs as a sort of last supper. I'll really miss him, he's a really fun guy to hang out and chat to and whilst he was living with us, completed the dynamic. It was almost like having last year's house back again except instead of Glenn and Sam it was Francisco and Andres!

I was tired but feeling kind of down and missing people back home so I decided the best plan of action was to go out. I had a really good time and definitely felt a lot better for it but I've been feeling it all week...

This week has been really heavy at work. Monday evening was taken up with a conviven volunteer meeting which I hosted after the afternoon classes and Tuesday I spent 12 hours in the English school, being wonderful and covering classes for people that couldn't make it. Thankfully all the classes went well and all my students were feeling chatty so I didn't have to think too much about where to take the conversation!

On Wednesday I had sport and circus workshops at conviven sandwiched by 2 classes, both new and both beginners. The most tiring kind. Though Valeria told me today that my new evening student was super pleased with me as her new teacher so that's always encouraging!! :)

Thursday we yet again had to improvise a good section of the music lesson as Oli was super late. At least he let me know this time! Ended up translating two verses of We Will Rock you into Spanish and trying to make it fit with a couple of the kids.... Which I actually quite enjoyed! Needed their Spanish expertise to make sure what I was changing made sense!

So I haven't really stopped! Definitely lacking sleep but I feel like I've learnt a lot this week and am definitely acquiring useful skills on how to function with very little sleep. So far so good... although I have a couple of times mixed up Spanish and English, probably through lack of concentration but I very strange experience. Hmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to leave something here for me, I'll soon pass by and collect it.
Comments or questions welcome :)