Translate/Traducir/Traduire

Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Turn that frown upside-down

Today I had my first proper touch of homesickness. That feeling of wanting to curl up on a sofa and snuggle with familiar company.
I stood in the kitchen messing about with juggling balls to distract myself, and soon enough, the room filled up around me and before I knew it we were a company of five, singing along to radiohead accompanied by the guitar and teaching each other to juggle!

On Sunday evening I finally moved into my new place, after waking up feeling fuzzy from the night before, finishing my packing and a session of slacklining in the park. I don't work on Mondays, so I had a day to settle in, and once I'd done my life admin for the day - I now have a Chilean I.D. and a bank account - I set about decorating and stocking my kitchen space. I may have got the short straw concerning room size, but I do have a door onto the balcony which is pretty much just for me. The guy next door can just about get out through a window, but that's it.

Private balcony view

It feels good to finally be fully unpacked, it signals an entry into some sort of real life.

Normality starts from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to leave something here for me, I'll soon pass by and collect it.
Comments or questions welcome :)