Translate/Traducir/Traduire

Sunday, 21 February 2016

Acceptance.

So I guess I've moved to Manchester.
I live in Manchester.
There. I said it.

Actually, I've been here for almost two months now and even though I arrived with the idea that I might stay for at least a little while, I'm kind of in denial about having moved ANYWHERE!
I squirm at the question, "Are you staying then?"... I think that 5 months of itinerancy has made me even twitchier when it comes to commitment.

This time round it's been a very different game.
Every other time, I've gone to live somewhere specifically for some kind of commitment - a course, a job, an organisation - whereas this time, I made my decision based on the people and have spent the last month and a half trying not only to get involved in the community, as I usually do, but also to find someone who'll pay me to do so. Oh the joys of job hunting.
The upside of coming to a place for the people is that you're constantly surrounded by inspiring, motivating, caring company, at least that's been my experience. And these weird and wonderful individuals have played no small part in helping me find my feet in this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to leave something here for me, I'll soon pass by and collect it.
Comments or questions welcome :)