Translate/Traducir/Traduire

Monday, 13 July 2015

Paz

This post starts with a sigh and a ponder.
I'm feeling very calm. Supremely relaxed, as I consider the logistics of the trip to come. I can't quite grasp the reality that I'm leaving Conce in a few days. This will be the start of at least a few months of itinerance, perhaps more, and I'm quite excited about that. A rich mixture of old and new faces is lined up ahead of me in a yet another trip tat can't fail to be one hell of an experience. Once again my life seems just a bit ridiculous, but that's become kind of normal I guess! Despite bearing all of this in mind, I don't feel like I'm leaving. I've got to be more than comfortable in my reality and relationships here in Conce to the extent that I can't imagine not coming back! Perhaps not to Conce or to this same reality, but with certain friendships, there's no doubting the certainty of future reunions. The people I've met here have made important contributions to the person I am today and have been inspiring influences during the time I've spent here; I won't let that be forgotten. In that sense I don't really feel the need to overdo the goodbyes. It'll all come round again soon enough.
I've travelled 2000km over the last week in a mixture of roadtripping with friends, hitchhiking solo and bussing with family. I've gone back to visit friends in Valdivia and Santiago, and welcomed my Mum into my life in Chile. Meaningful conversations have been had and special moments have been shared. It's been a bit of a momentous week for a number of reasons.
For the first time in my life, I'm not studying or working and as of yet I have no concrete plans of doing either; I am totally at peace. I'm at the whim of the wind to let the ebb and flow of life take me where it will. Ever an optimist, I'm certain that whatever crops up, there will be opportunities to be had and something to be made of it.
This week is for making the most of the wonderful people I have around me and letting them know that they're valued. This week is to remind me to do that more often, with all the wonderful people in my life. Wherever they might be.
This post ends with a sigh... and a goodnight kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to leave something here for me, I'll soon pass by and collect it.
Comments or questions welcome :)