Translate/Traducir/Traduire

Thursday, 20 December 2012

Productivity meets project

My primary objective this week has been to try and get the raw data I want for my Uni project, which until the weekend hadn't really been defined yet. I now have a title, objectives, the method, a set of interview questions and 2 school visits set up. The tricky part is all the paperwork involved. I've managed to skirt round some of it without to much hassle but it certainly complicates things!
Today I went to try and get official authorisation to go into schools and observe classes. Unfortunately they can only give it to you if you're a teacher or in training. It only occurred to me afterwards that I probably could have argued that case. In any case I already have 2 set up for tomorrow so its not the end of the world. Plus the woman asked me if I was argentinian. To which I calmly responded that I wasn't whilst inwardly smiling smugly. Second time this week too! :D
Still, it wasn't a wasted trip; whilst in the office waiting for the relevant person to ask the relevant people the relevant questions, I got chatting to the other guy in the office, who happens to be really interested in my topic and had loads of good experience! So we exchanged contact details and I'm going to try and meet him to talk about my project before I leave.
I'm also trying to get things sorted with conviven and making sure everything's ship shape before I leave. On Monday morning at 9am I found myself interviewing a woman in Australia for my position which I've got to say, was a new one. Not to mention that she was 14 years older than me!

(Backdated to last Thursday)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to leave something here for me, I'll soon pass by and collect it.
Comments or questions welcome :)